IndexCalendarMAN/FAQSoekLedelysGebruikersgroepeRegistreerTeken in
Neem asb kennis dat hiermee dit amptelik aangekondig word dat die KVB Forum sal skuif, gaan na die kaapsevryheidsburgers.org blad en volg die Forum skakel
Latest topics
» BYMEKAARKOM DAG
Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:28 pm by findmy012

» WAARSKUWINGS VLAKKE TOV SEKURITEITS STATUS
Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:27 pm by findmy012

» VROU IN HUIS VERWURG DEUR SWART ROWERS
Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:27 pm by findmy012

» FORUM WILL BE CLOSING!!!!!!
Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:38 pm by KVB000000002

» ANC GEORGANISEERDE MISDAAD SINDIKAAT IN BLOU TERREUR UNIFORMS
Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:02 pm by KVB000000002

» AND RATCONTROL
Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:58 pm by KVB000000002

» N DAG IN DIE LEWE VAN N BLANKE INWONER IN N WIT PLAKKERSKAMP
Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:38 pm by KVB000021133

» STAKENDE BOBBEJAANTROP OPPAD OM LAND SE EKONOMIE TE KELDER
Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:12 pm by KVB000000002

» WAAR IS DIE POSTE?
Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:50 pm by KVB000000002

Top posters
KVB000000002

KVB000000001

KVB000000005

KVB000021142

KVB000021126

KVB000021133

Arend

Admin

Ridder Van Die Langpad

KVB000021107

Wie is Aanlyn
Daar is altesaam 2 gebruikers aanlyn :: 0 Geregistreerd, 0 Versteek en 2 Gaste

Geen

Meeste gebruikers ooit aanlyn was 48 op Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:16 am
Statistics
Ons het 175 geregistreerde gebruikers
Die nuutste geregistreerde gebruiker is GK63

Ons gebruikers het altesaam 3166 artikels geplaas in 1809 subjects
SA Topsites
SA Topsites
::

Share | 

ET WAS NOT THE MAN THE MEDIA TRY TO MAKE HIM OUT TO BE

Besigtig vorige onderwerp Besigtig volgende onderwerp Go down 
SkrywerBoodskap
KVB000000002
Admin

Aantal posstukke : 1253

PosOnderwerp: ET WAS NOT THE MAN THE MEDIA TRY TO MAKE HIM OUT TO BE   Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:06 am

ET was an ardent Buccaneer
Apr 10, 2010 10:19 PM | By SHANAAZ EGGINGTON
Eugene Terre Blanche was an Orlando Pirates supporter who watched soccer and built up friendships with black prison inmates.
Current Font Size:
EX-INMATES: Daniel Klaaste and Euclid Moses have fond memories of Eugene Terre Blanche
EX-INMATES: Daniel Klaaste and Euclid Moses have fond memories of Eugene Terre Blanche

quote Mr Terre Blanche was well behaved ... worked well with both offenders, officials quote

Prisoner 201787906 was a vastly different man inside at Rooigrond Medium B Prison Farm to the fiery right-wing fanatic admired - and hated - by the outside world.

Terre Blanche was sentenced to six years in 2001 for the attempted murder of a security guard and assaulting a petrol attendant in 1996. He was released on parole after serving three years in prison.

Manelisi Wolela, spokesman for the Department of Correctional Services said: ''Mr Terre Blanche got involved in all the daily manual work that offenders were expected to perform, including weeding, farm maintenance and caring for the livestock, particularly horses.

''Mr Terre Blanche was well behaved and worked well with both offenders and correctional officials. He shared a unit with 34 prisoners during his incarceration. There were no incidents of conflict or bad behaviour reported."

The AWB leader's former cell mates in Mafikeng, North West, this week lifted the veil on his life behind bars.

Vincent "Freedom" Sereo, 50, from Setlagole village, near Mafikeng, said: "We were in the non-smoking cell. We ate together, exercised together and watched TV. I never saw any racism in him."

Sereo, jailed for murder and robbery, believes Terre Blanche was "a good man". "He was my friend. People might think that he just pretended to like black people because he was in jail and fearing for his life. This was not so. When he was released, we continued to be friends. He gave me all his (contact) numbers ... I could call him any time and if I was in Ventersdorp, I made time to see him."

The two spoke as recently as last month. "He told me he was nearly finished with his book. He told me he was going to give me a copy and that I must read it," Sereo said.

Sereo believes that Terre Blanche was sorry about his past and was writing about this in his book.

"I always remember his words 'Die oorlog het verby. (The war has passed ...)'."

Another former cell mate, Euclid Moses, 36, said: ''Nothing happened to Terre Blanche in prison. He was deeply against sodomy, drugs and dagga smoking. He even gave up cigarettes.

''I'm shocked to see that people say that he had a relationship with one of his alleged killers. He has been set up. People will do anything for money and he is dead. He can't defend himself."

Moses recalled how Terre Blanche tried to teach him to ride a horse. "I fell off and I didn't want to get on again. He told me, 'Moenie 'n muis wees nie, wees 'n man en klim weer op' (Don't be a mouse, be a man and climb back on).

"To me, he was a father figure, a loving person who got along with everybody.

"He loved his God. Every night he held a Bible study group.

"After he was released, he used to send his regards to the other guys."

Another former inmate, who has fond memories, is Daniel "Bok" Klaaste, 37, who said: "He gave me hope and told me that by serving my sentence, I have paid my dues."

Terug na bo Go down
Sien gebruiker's profiel

ET WAS NOT THE MAN THE MEDIA TRY TO MAKE HIM OUT TO BE
Besigtig vorige onderwerp Besigtig volgende onderwerp Terug na bo 
Bladsy 1 van 1

Permissions in this forum:Jy mag nie onderwerpe in hierdie forum beantwoord nie.
 :: Plaasmoorde in SA-
Spring na: