IndexCalendarMAN/FAQSoekLedelysGebruikersgroepeRegistreerTeken in
Neem asb kennis dat hiermee dit amptelik aangekondig word dat die KVB Forum sal skuif, gaan na die kaapsevryheidsburgers.org blad en volg die Forum skakel
Latest topics
» BYMEKAARKOM DAG
Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:28 pm by findmy012

» WAARSKUWINGS VLAKKE TOV SEKURITEITS STATUS
Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:27 pm by findmy012

» VROU IN HUIS VERWURG DEUR SWART ROWERS
Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:27 pm by findmy012

» FORUM WILL BE CLOSING!!!!!!
Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:38 pm by KVB000000002

» ANC GEORGANISEERDE MISDAAD SINDIKAAT IN BLOU TERREUR UNIFORMS
Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:02 pm by KVB000000002

» AND RATCONTROL
Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:58 pm by KVB000000002

» N DAG IN DIE LEWE VAN N BLANKE INWONER IN N WIT PLAKKERSKAMP
Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:38 pm by KVB000021133

» STAKENDE BOBBEJAANTROP OPPAD OM LAND SE EKONOMIE TE KELDER
Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:12 pm by KVB000000002

» WAAR IS DIE POSTE?
Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:50 pm by KVB000000002

Top posters
KVB000000002

KVB000000001

KVB000000005

KVB000021142

KVB000021126

KVB000021133

Arend

Admin

Ridder Van Die Langpad

KVB000021107

Wie is Aanlyn
Daar is slegs 1 gebruiker aanlyn :: 0 Geregistreerd, 0 Versteek en 1 Gas

Geen

Meeste gebruikers ooit aanlyn was 48 op Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:16 am
Statistics
Ons het 175 geregistreerde gebruikers
Die nuutste geregistreerde gebruiker is GK63

Ons gebruikers het altesaam 3166 artikels geplaas in 1809 subjects
SA Topsites
SA Topsites
::

Share | 

Where have all the children gone, long time passing.....

Besigtig vorige onderwerp Besigtig volgende onderwerp Go down 
SkrywerBoodskap
KVB000000005

Aantal posstukke : 295

PosOnderwerp: Where have all the children gone, long time passing.....   Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:21 am

Wed 7 Apr 2010, 10:56 (1) 1 Comment(s) Email article Share

I was standing in a queue at a grocery store and two people in front of me were analysing, forecasting and deliberating the actions of their childrens up and coming soccer school holidays. Basically concerned working people who havent the foggiest idea what to do with their children while the Soccer World Cup is in full swing.

I remember when i was a child, i used to make sandclods and jump from the roof onto mattresses. I used to walk long distances to the beach to have a goof with my boogyboard under my arm. I often ran to a friends house and climbed mulberry trees and ate till my clothes and lips turned purple. I raced up and down the street with rollerskates and just generally behaved like a carefree child oblivious to everything and everyone around me. The world was a happy place as long as i played.

I sang this song of the Bee Gees at a funeral of a matric pupil who was murdered and wondered just how long can our kids remain kids and what they will say to their kids one day when reminiscing of their childhood.

When I was small, and Christmas trees were tall,
we used to love while others used to play.
Don't ask me why, but time has passed us by,
some one else moved in from far away.

(chorus)
Now we are tall, and Christmas trees are small,
and you don't ask the time of day.
But you and I, our love will never die,
but guess we'll cry come first of May.

The apple tree that grew for you and me,
I watched the apples falling one by one.
And I recall the moment of them all,
the day I kissed your cheek and you were gone.

(chorus...)

When I was small, and Christmas trees were tall,
do do do do do do do do do...
Don't ask me why, but time has passed us by,
some one else moved in from far away.

My question is this: What is there for your children to do without the technology available to them today? Do they still play like kids should? Or is their a fine line between freedom and being overprotective in times like these?

Topics: children safety soccer world cup holidays memories

Post 1 of 58 | Previous Post

fragalicstik

7 Apr 2010, 11:13
children become adults far too early these days. they have no idea how to occupy themselves, other than technology. very few children play outside any more.

most of this is the fault of society. can a parent allow their children to play outside without supervision? No, we can't, it is too dangerous. playing in mud, building constructions, actually playing with toys seems to stop long before they are even finished primary school.

society forces them to become adults before they are ready because everything in life is far more advanced these days. look at the 11 and 12 year old girls out there...how many do you see dressed like you and would have dressed when we were that age? nowadays, it's skirts that show their underwear, piled with make up, hand bags, the whole toot. the boys are out drinking and smoking when they are 11 or so. they are taught things in school that should be left till later in life, etc etc. there are a million reasons for the way our "kids" are brought up today, and not all of it is our faults as parents.

i long for the days where we could sit and listen to our parents and grand parents relay stories of their childhoods, damn they had fun, and all good clean FUN. fun today can only be had if it involves snogging, alcohol, some kind of substance, music so loud you cannot hear yourself think and a late night. for the selected few, fun would include a computer screen or game control in your hands.

http://blogs.news24.com/heavenly/where-have-all-the-children-gone-long-time-passing-07-Apr-2010
Terug na bo Go down
Sien gebruiker's profiel

Besigtig vorige onderwerp Besigtig volgende onderwerp Terug na bo 
Bladsy 1 van 1

Permissions in this forum:Jy mag nie onderwerpe in hierdie forum beantwoord nie.
 :: Jeug Draad-
Spring na: