IndexCalendarMAN/FAQSoekLedelysGebruikersgroepeRegistreerTeken in
Neem asb kennis dat hiermee dit amptelik aangekondig word dat die KVB Forum sal skuif, gaan na die kaapsevryheidsburgers.org blad en volg die Forum skakel
Latest topics
» BYMEKAARKOM DAG
Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:28 pm by findmy012

» WAARSKUWINGS VLAKKE TOV SEKURITEITS STATUS
Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:27 pm by findmy012

» VROU IN HUIS VERWURG DEUR SWART ROWERS
Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:27 pm by findmy012

» FORUM WILL BE CLOSING!!!!!!
Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:38 pm by KVB000000002

» ANC GEORGANISEERDE MISDAAD SINDIKAAT IN BLOU TERREUR UNIFORMS
Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:02 pm by KVB000000002

» AND RATCONTROL
Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:58 pm by KVB000000002

» N DAG IN DIE LEWE VAN N BLANKE INWONER IN N WIT PLAKKERSKAMP
Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:38 pm by KVB000021133

» STAKENDE BOBBEJAANTROP OPPAD OM LAND SE EKONOMIE TE KELDER
Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:12 pm by KVB000000002

» WAAR IS DIE POSTE?
Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:50 pm by KVB000000002

Top posters
KVB000000002

KVB000000001

KVB000000005

KVB000021142

KVB000021126

KVB000021133

Arend

Admin

Ridder Van Die Langpad

KVB000021107

Wie is Aanlyn
Daar is altesaam 2 gebruikers aanlyn :: 0 Geregistreerd, 0 Versteek en 2 Gaste

Geen

Meeste gebruikers ooit aanlyn was 48 op Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:16 am
Statistics
Ons het 175 geregistreerde gebruikers
Die nuutste geregistreerde gebruiker is GK63

Ons gebruikers het altesaam 3166 artikels geplaas in 1809 subjects
SA Topsites
SA Topsites
::

Share | 

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Besigtig vorige onderwerp Besigtig volgende onderwerp Go down 
SkrywerBoodskap
KVB000000002
Admin

Aantal posstukke : 1253

PosOnderwerp: FOOD FOR THOUGHT   Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:43 pm

Food for thought:

Let's put the seniors in jail, and the criminals in a
nursing home.

This way the seniors would have access to showers,
hobbies, and walks, they'd receive unlimited free prescriptions, dental and medical treatment , wheel chairs etc. and they'd receive money instead of paying it out.
They would have constant video monitoring, so they could be helped instantly ,if they fell, or needed assistance. Bedding would be washed twice a week, and all clothing would be ironed and returned to them.
A guard would check on them every 20 minutes, and bring their meals and snacks to their cell. They would have family visits in a suite built for that purpose.

They would have access to a library, weight room,spiritual counseling, pool, and education.
Simple clothing , shoes, slippers, P.J.'s and legal aid
would be free, on request.
Private, secure rooms for all, with an exercise outdoor
yard ,with gardens.
Each senior could have a P.C. a T.V. radio, and daily
phone calls.
There would be a board of directors , to hear complaints,
and the guards would have a code of conduct, that would be strictly adhered to.

The "criminals" would get cold food, be left all alone,
and unsupervised.

lights off at 8pm, and showers once a week.
Live in a tiny room , and pay $3000.00 per month and have no hope of ever getting out. Justice for all.

This should make us think of what kind of world

we created for ourselves.

SENT BY: CFC NEWSROOM: PRETORIA
Terug na bo Go down
Sien gebruiker's profiel
KVB000000002
Admin

PosOnderwerp: Re: FOOD FOR THOUGHT   Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:08 am

The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight,but they, while their companions slept, were toiling upward in the night.

POSTED BY: R&B - E.CAPE
Terug na bo Go down
Sien gebruiker's profiel
KVB000000002
Admin

PosOnderwerp: Re: FOOD FOR THOUGHT   Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:26 pm

Words of Wisdom....
I live by Martin Luther Kings dictum - I judge blacks BY THE CONTENT OF THEIR CHARACTER, and never by the color of their skins. And yet I am still called an "evil racist..!" Why?

The white race is smart enough to create the most just and prosperous societies the world has ever known, but stupid enough to think that other races can do the same.

"I tell the truth not to convince those who do not know it, but to defend those that do." - William Blake

INTEGRITY is the first fundamental of prosperity. Anyone who has worked closely with Africans for any length of time knows that integrity is virtually unknown amongst them.

“The most costly of all follies is to believe passionately in the obviously untrue” - HL Mencken

If you’re not a liberal at 20 you have NO HEART - if you’re still a liberal at 30 you have NO HEAD

"When I am the weaker, I ask you for my freedom, because compassion is the white man's principle. But when I am the stronger, I take away your freedom, because tyranny is the black mans principle"

“Idealism increases in direct proportion to ones distance from the problem” - John Galsworthy

“The worst form of INEQUALITY is to try to make unequal things equal” - Aristotle (384-322BC)

"... the lofty idea of `the war on racism' was gradually turning into a hideously false ideology. And this anti-racism will be for the 21st century what communism was for the 20th century. A source of violence." Alain Finkelkraut

“CIVILISATION" comes from the Latin 'civis' and pertains to people who live in and, inferentially, create cities. Blacks cannot be considered as a civilised race, since they have never built a single city and, whenever they occupy human-built cities, they inevitably destroy them..!

Blacks have long since learned how to manipulate the white man by exploiting his compassionate nature and his sense of fair play, whilst having absolutely no intention of practicing the same virtues in return.

“Men and women are 99.99 percent identical genetically but no one suggests that men and women are identical”.

"AFFIRMATIVE ACTION" is for LOSERS only...! Anyone genuinely qualified doesn’t need AA....So if you need AA you’re obviously NOT QUALIFIED..! To offer AA is an insult to the applicants ability and integrity. Acceptance of AA is therefore an admission of FAILURE and INFERIORITY..!”

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul (GB Shaw)

"...sullen peoples - HALF DEVIL and HALF CHILD” - from "The White Mans Burden". Rudyard Kipling was a very observant man, and this sage remark of his pretty well explains why blacks do the terrible and insanely stupid things they do.

POSTED BY: CFC NEWSROOM W.CAPE
Terug na bo Go down
Sien gebruiker's profiel
KVB000000002
Admin

PosOnderwerp: Re: FOOD FOR THOUGHT   Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:28 pm

The White race, the most attractive of all people
The White race is the most physically attractive race of all people. This may sound like a subjective opinion. But is it really?

Racial differences encompass such things as eye colour, hair colour, facial structure, body structure, hair texture, and height. Let's take an objective look at these areas and see which race comes out on top.

Eye colour: The non-whites have dark brown eyes. The White race has blue, green, hazel, and light brown eyes.

Hair colour: The non-whites have black hair. The White race has blonde, red, light brown, dark brown, auburn and black hair.

Facial structure: The non-whites have a variety of PRONOUNCED facial features such as flat, hooked noses, big lips, high checkbones, round faces, big eyeballs, and slanted eyes. The White race has fine facial features like small, narrow noses, and thin lips.

Body Structure: Asians tend to be thin and not well endowed. Blacks tend to be chunky, more endowed, and a higher tendency towards obesity. The White race is somewhere in-between Asians and Blacks. Not as thin as the Asians, and not as chunky as Blacks. A happy medium.

Hair texture: The Blacks have kinky and wooly hair. The Asians have pocker straight hair. The White race have straight and wavy hair.

Height: The White race is medium to tall in height. The Asians on average are MUCH shorter.

The White race have a variety of bright eye colours and a variey of hair colours. Even when a White person has black hair + brown eyes, it looks attractive combined with light skin + fine facial features.

The better looking non-white people usually are of mixed raced. Eurasians, Mestizos, or Metis can be taller, lighter skinned, have smaller facial features, and more muscular and athletic than their full blooded Asiatic counterparts.

Mulattos can have lighter brown skin, finer facial features, and have curly or wavy hair. This as oppossed to black skin, pronounced facial features, and kinky hair of their full blooded Black counterparts.

Is it fair to say that non-whites become better looking when given a significant percentage of White blood? On the other hand, White people more often look beautiful with NO non-white admixers. In fact non-white admixers that give a person pronounced facial features, kinky hair, or darker skin can take away from someones's looks.

So is it a subjective opinion to say that the White race is the most beautiful race? Or is this statement a more objective, factual statement than a lot of people might want to think?

POSTED BY CFC NEWSROOM W.CAPE
Terug na bo Go down
Sien gebruiker's profiel
KVB000000002
Admin

PosOnderwerp: Re: FOOD FOR THOUGHT   Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:11 pm

I would never trade my amazing friends, my wonderful life, my loving family for less gray hair or a flatter belly. As I've aged, I've become kinder to myself, and less critical of myself. I've become my own friend. I don't chide myself for eating that extra cookie, or for not making my bed, or for buying that silly cement gecko that I didn't need, but looks so avante garde on my patio. I am entitled to a treat, to be messy, to be extravagant.
I have seen too many dear friends leave this world too soon; before they understood the great freedom that comes with aging.

Whose business is it if I choose to read or play on the computer until 4 AM and sleep until noon? I will dance with myself to those wonderful tunes of the 60 &70's, and if I, at the same time, wish to weep over a lost love ..... I will.
I will walk the beach in a swim suit that is stretched over a bulging body, and will dive into the waves with abandon if I choose to, despite the pitying glances from the jet set. They, too, will get old.

I know I am sometimes forgetful. But there again, some of life is just as well forgotten. And I eventually remember the important things.
Sure, over the years my heart has been broken. How can your heart not break when you lose a loved one, or when a child suffers, or even when somebody's beloved pet gets hit by a car? But broken hearts are what give us strength and understanding and compassion. A heart never broken is pristine and sterile and will never know the joy of being imperfect.

I am so blessed to have lived long enough to have my hair turning gray, and to have my youthful laughs be forever etched into deep grooves on my face.
So many have never laughed, and so many have died before their hair could turn silver.
As you get older, it is easier to be positive. You care less about what other people think.. I don't question myself anymore. I've even earned the right to be wrong.

So, to answer your question, I like being old. It has set me free. I like the person I have become. I am not going to live forever, but while I am still here, I will not waste time lamenting what could have been, or worrying about what will be. And I shall eat dessert every single day (if I feel like it).

MAY OUR FRIENDSHIP NEVER COME APART, ESPECIALLY WHEN IT'S STRAIGHT FROM THE HEART!

POST SENT BY: ERIKA

Terug na bo Go down
Sien gebruiker's profiel
KVB000000002
Admin

PosOnderwerp: Re: FOOD FOR THOUGHT   Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:21 pm

RED MARBLES

I was at the corner grocery store buying some early potatoes.

I noticed a small boy, delicate of bone and feature, ragged but clean,
hungrily apprising a basket of freshly picked green peas.

I paid for my potatoes but was also drawn to the display of fresh green
peas. I am a pushover for creamed peas and new potatoes.

Pondering the peas, I couldn't help overhearing the conversation between
Mr.
Miller (the store owner) and the ragged boy next to me.
"Hello Barry, how are you today?"

"H'lo, Mr. Miller. Fine, thank ya. Jus' admirin' them peas. They sure
look good."

"They are good, Barry. How's your Ma?"

"Fine. Gittin' stronger alla' time."

"Good. Anything I can help you with?"

"No, Sir. Jus' admirin' them peas."

"Would you like to take some home?" asked Mr.
Miller.

"No, Sir. Got nuthin' to pay for 'em with."

"Well, what have you to trade me for some of those peas?"

"All I got's my prize marble here."

"Is that right? Let me see it" said Miller.

"Here 'tis. She's a dandy."

"I can see that. Hmmmmm, only thing is this one is blue and I sort of go
for red. Do you have a red one like this at home?" the store owner
asked.

"Not zackley but almost."

"Tell you what. Take this sack of peas home with you and next trip this
way let me look at that red marble". Mr. Miller told the boy.

"Sure will. Thanks Mr. Miller." Mrs. Miller, who had been standing
nearby, came over to help me. With a smile she said, "There are two
other boys like him in our community, all three are in very poor
circumstances. Jim just loves to bargain with them for peas, apples,
tomatoes, or whatever. When they come back with their red marbles, and
they always do, he decides he doesn't like red after all and he sends
them home with a bag of produce for a green marble or an orange one,
when they come on their next trip to the store."

I left the store smiling to myself, impressed with this man. A short
time later I moved to Colorado, but I never forgot the story of this
man, the boys, and their bartering for marbles.

Several years went by, each more rapid than the previous one. Just
recently I had occasion to visit some old friends in that Idaho
community and while I was there learned that Mr. Miller had died.
They were having his visitation that evening and knowing my friends
wanted to go, I agreed to accompany them. Upon arrival at the mortuary
we fell into line to meet the relatives of the deceased and to offer
whatever words of comfort we could.

Ahead of us in line were three young men. One was in an army uniform and
the other two wore nice haircuts, dark suits and white shirts...all very
professional looking. They approached Mrs. Miller, standing composed and
smiling by her husband's casket. Each of the young men hugged her,
kissed her on the cheek, spoke briefly with her and moved on to the
casket.

Her misty light blue eyes followed them as, one by one, each young man
stopped briefly and placed his own warm hand over the cold pale hand in
the casket. Each left the mortuary awkwardly, wiping his eyes.

Our turn came to meet Mrs. Miller. I told her who I was and reminded her
of the story from those many years ago and what she had told me about
her husband's bartering for marbles. With her eyes glistening, she took
my hand and led me to the casket.

"Those three young men who just left were the boys I told you about.
They just told me how they appreciated the things Jim "traded" them.
Now, at last, when Jim could not change his mind about color or
size....they came to pay their debt."

"We've never had a great deal of the wealth of this world," she
confided, "but right now, Jim would consider himself the richest man in
Idaho ."

With loving gentleness she lifted the lifeless fingers of her deceased
husband.

Resting underneath were three exquisitely shined red marbles.

The Moral : We will not be remembered by our words, but by our kind
deeds. Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments
that take our breath.

Today I wish you a day of ordinary miracles ~

A fresh pot of coffee you didn't make yourself...An unexpected phone
call from an old friend...Green stoplights on your way to work...

The fastest line at the grocery store...A good sing-along song on the
radio...Your keys found right where you left them.

Send this to the people you'll never forget. I just Did...

If you don't send it to anyone, it means you are in way too much of a
hurry to even notice the ordinary miracles when they occur.

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF
LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED

POST SENT BY: CHARMAINE- PRETORIA
Terug na bo Go down
Sien gebruiker's profiel
Sponsored content

PosOnderwerp: Re: FOOD FOR THOUGHT   Today at 2:12 am

Terug na bo Go down

FOOD FOR THOUGHT
Besigtig vorige onderwerp Besigtig volgende onderwerp Terug na bo 
Bladsy 1 van 1

Permissions in this forum:Jy mag nie onderwerpe in hierdie forum beantwoord nie.
 :: Kaapse Vryheids Burgers :: Kletshoekie-
Spring na: